Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Errands Day

We spent most of yesterday catching up on a few errands and doing some things that have been on our list of "to-do" items.

I started the day by going to the post office to mail the hats that I sold on eBay. There were "special" Spring Training hats for each team that sold out during the first week of Spring Training. I bought one each of the Kansas City Royals and Texas Rangers hats knowing that there would be a demand for those with no supply. They are "fitted" hats and I have a picture of each of those below:



These are the unique hats that were worn by the players for this year's Spring Training. They sold for 39.99 in the store while supplies lasted and I bought one each to sell on eBay. The time had come to sell them as Spring Training was winding down. I sold each of the hats for $70 and would have gotten more if they were a better, more popular size. The size of these was 6 7/8 which is a small size compared to the most popular sizes which are in the 7 1/8 - 7 1/2 range. Unfortunately, this was the only size still available when I bought mine. Anyway, I was happy to almost double my money.

I then went to get a much needed haircut and then took Josie to get her pedicure that she was given as her Christmas present by one of her coworkers.

We followed that up with a visit to the grocery store to restock some items. It felt good to have a free day to do something without worrying about getting ready for another game, or wishing that the Spring Training schedule would end.

Josie has an appointment today for some therapy for her pinched nerve problem and then we will go to the stadium - last day today - to return our uniforms and pick up a couple items we will buy that are 40% off for the last day. We will also say goodbye to our coworkers and maybe - or, maybe not - we will see them again next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment