Monday, March 3, 2014

First Break

This year's spring training schedule of games is shorter than last year. We already had nine games in at this time last year and we just completed our fourth game yesterday. I don't know who makes out these schedules or who determines how long the season lasts, but we are both happy that there are only three weeks to go. We may change our minds when the games are finished, but right now we would not return to do it a third season. The people are nice and the job isn't that bad, but the company - Aramark - seems to be going through a state of change where the organization isn't good and the greed is growing. There are too many changes that are causing customer dissatisfaction. One example is that the bratwurst that we started out serving was so small that customers started returning them to swap for a foot-long hot dog at the same price. Aramark finally switched back to the larger brats that we sold last year, and the complaints are slowing. Of course, everybody still complains about all the high prices for everything.

There are only three weeks left and we get our first break today. I feel sorry that we decided to have Josie work at the flower shop on our days off from the games. I guess I will do all of the running around to do the things we can't do while we both are working. Starting with today. I will take Josie to work and go to the Jeep dealership to get our tire exchanged and the hitch put on our new car. Before I get that done, I have to stop at the stadium to inform them that I forgot to sign out last night. I'm afraid if I don't get that issue straightened out now, they will try to short change my time to save money. I stayed until after 6 PM, so it was a long day.

The rain seems to be over for now but we did get .90 inches from the storm. Some areas got well over 1" of the desperately needed rain. I see where the Midwest is getting another taste of the frigid weather and we feel sorry for Patty having to live through all the snow and cold weather this winter. It is one for the books. We also see lots of photos from friends in Wyoming and they are having some record snow along with some unusually cold weather. Arizona is definitely the place to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment