Thursday, February 11, 2010

Welcome Signs

The office person responsible for booking and handling the RV clubs that come here asked me if I would prepare some welcome signs for clubs coming in over the next several weeks. That was an easy chore using the Microsoft Publisher software and I did signs for 5 clubs and made her happy. Some of the computer work that I need to do is complicated and boring, but the signs were fun and I enjoy doing the creative stuff anyway. Josie is learning all the ins and outs of the office procedures and will be able to work solo pretty soon without the experienced staff around to help out. It amazes us how complex the procedures are for this 50 space campground versus the 300-500 site campgrounds at Western Horizons or Thousand Trails. Maybe it's because this one is privately owned versus company owned for the others - although you would think it should be the other way around.

I have a meeting with Bill this morning in the gazebo with another, short term staffer, to discuss marketing programs for the campground. I mentioned some ideas for bringing in some new guests when we first arrived and now he wants to pursue some of those. The short term staffer is an individual who came in about a week ago with his wife and is only staying for a month. Evidently, he has a marketing background and Bill wants to take advantage of that. He is the one that put together the Super Bowl Party. In my conversations with him so far, I've found out that he is a former Disc Jockey and that's about all I know.

Josie says she better be busy over the weekend to justify her giving up the Valentine's work at the local flower shop. We will handle that kind of situation differently in the future as I mentioned before. Our first obligation is to this campground so it will work out fine.

Today is an early start day - 8 AM, so I need to get ready. Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment