Friday, February 19, 2010

Back to Work

It was a mostly uneventful day yesterday. Josie worked the office and store and I worked on computer stuff. We had a staff meeting that ran from 11 AM to noon, with staff members that have a connection to the development of the website we have. There are many changes planned for the website, and I believe that I mentioned before that I would be involved in those changes - more than I anticipated as it turns out. They appointed me the Webmaster for the new website and that kinda scares me. I'm not an expert , by any means, of the software that they utilize for development. I will have to become familiar with it pretty quick. Josie reminded me that in most places, website developers demand huge fees for their work, and Bill is getting me real cheap. That may be true, but the experience is valuable for me and maybe I can learn enough from this experience to help us down the road somewhere.

We have had beautiful weather the last week and it looks like there may be a chance of rain today. The clouds are here so the forecast is probably right. It's OK for it to rain on our working days, but we obviously like the nice weather for "play" days. We need to decide where to go next but we do have a lot of choices. We are anxious to go to Yosemite, but we want to make sure there's not a problem with snow. There is a place in Jamestown, about 15 miles from here, called the "Railtown 1897 Historic Park" that we want to see. It has the last, still operating, railroad roundhouse in the country and was the place where many of the railroad scenes were filmed in the old westerns. That should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment