Monday, November 23, 2009

Busy Morning and Searching Health Insurance

Our scheduled morning at work yesterday turned out to be very busy. There were customers for storage, RV sites, dump station and water fills - plus, a few people coming in to tour the park. We always welcome busy days versus sitting and doing nothing because it makes the time go faster. Also, our managers had an opportunity to go to church in Borrego Springs for the first time since they arrived 2 months ago. Although the morning was busy, it was only a fraction of the business we did at Happy Jack Lodge in the summer. It's all relative.

I spent most of the afternoon researching Medicare Advantage and Supplemental Insurance options for next year. Currently, I have a free plan from AARP Secure Horizons but I don't know yet if it is best for me to keep that plan for nationwide coverage as we travel to many different states. Also, we are using Florida as our address and I don't know the impact on that insurance coverage yet. The renewal period began November 15 and ends December 31, so I have some time to study the different options. There are several agencies in Florida that I have helping to decide which is best for me.

The last thing I wanted to mention was that we got a new coffee maker since we have been having trouble with the one we got when we bought the fifth wheel. We were introduced to the Keurig coffee maker when we went to dinner at my brother George's home a few weeks ago and really liked it. Costco was having a sale on the unit so when we went to El Centro to fix Josie's prescription the other day, we stopped in Costco and bought one. Thanks, George, we are loving it so far. It really made sense for us since I drink decaff, and Josie drinks regular. Now we can each have our favorite without brewing whole pots of coffee.

Today and tomorrow are off days so we hope to do something interesting and enjoyable. We'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment