Tuesday, July 20, 2010

First Ever Tip

We had 2 more Tours come in yesterday but we also had 39 reservations for people checking in. The reservations really keep us busy in the office as the manual system we use is very labor intensive to check-in people. While Karen was on her dinner break between 8 and 9 PM last night I got into a discussion with a person checking in about Yellowstone. It seems they (she and her husband) will be here for 3 nights and they plan to do Yellowstone on 2 of those days. We have a map of Yellowstone at the front desk and I spent about 10 minutes suggesting ways for them to see the park in 2 days and suggested some places to pull off the main road to see some exciting sights. She was so gratefull for the information that she gave me my first ever tip at the front desk - $2. Hey, I never heard of anybody else getting any tips, so it made me feel good, even though I tried to refuse it.

Josie is on her Mon - Wed closing schedule so she gets to stay late to close, which is around 11:30. With my schedule ending at 10:30 PM every night, I'm usually ready for bed by the time she gets home, and she is just starting to "unwind" from her day. We try to reach a middle ground, so we have been going to bed around 12:30. In spite of the different work schedule, we are both beginning to like it since we have some free time every day before we start work. We get up between 9 and 9:30, so there is time to relax or go some place that is not too far away.

Today is our "Thursday" of the work week so we are once again counting down to when we can enjoy some free time. The weather is still fabulous - high 80's or low 90's every day, and no humidity. What a great place to spend summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment