Friday, June 24, 2016

Learning Curve

My conversion from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is on temporary hold for now. We are both struggling a little bit with our new phones while learning about new features and trying to learn about ways to do things we took for granted with the old phones. The main one being a new method for transferring photos from one phone to the other. It's a new procedure that I haven't yet mastered, but will be easy (I hope) by the end of the day today. I am still scared to make the Windows change, but I still have a little bit of time.

We went into town yesterday to buy some ink for my printer and I spoke with the 'techie' there who indicated that they - Staples - would perform my conversion to Windows 10 for free. He said they get reimbursed by Microsoft. I may have them do the upgrade, but I'm not sure yet. I don't know if I want all of my data in there hands for a day or two while they do the upgrade.

While in town, we stopped at the Silver Dollar Grill in the Wort Hotel to have lunch. We sat outside and enjoyed their lunch special - soup and sandwich for $8 per person - a very good value. Following lunch, we walked a little bit around town and took a few pictures. Starting with this one of one of the police officers in town:


and this one of the famous antler arches in the town square:


and finally, a shot of Josie being threatened by one of the 'beasts' in this fine western store in town:



After having some ice cream, we headed home to get more work done on our home projects - Josie doing laundry, me doing reading about the phones and a little more about Windows 10. UGH!...

No comments:

Post a Comment