Thursday, March 11, 2010

Winter Arrives

It really does seem like the season is going backwards. We again awoke to a dusting of snow yesterday with a low temperature around freezing, and the low this morning was 33 degrees. The good news is that the sky is clear - so far. We have had more cold days this last week than we have had since we arrived in January. Who knows.

The office was, as usual, slow and very dull yesterday. Today we are scheduled to have one small group arrive and another (larger one) is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Things will pick up for sure. There are dinners scheduled for Friday night, Saturday Night and Monday and Tuesday for these groups. I'm sure I'll be out and about taking pictures for the groups as I did several weeks ago. They appreciate the collages I put together for them to take home. We also have another web group meeting today. I am just about ready to begin work on a new website, but I'm waiting to get some specifications from the group. I don't look forward to this project since I'm still not 100 percent confident I can work with their software. I'll try anything once.

We are still entertaining new job possibilities and have zeroed in on a few. There should be some news coming soon on those prospects. Whatever we decide, we are both looking forward to some warmer weather. What a strange and unusual winter this year. Everybody here says it's been unusually wet and cool. I guess it's the El Nino effect (?).

This is our stretch of early days at the office. We alternate early/late start with the other office people so that everybody gets an equal number of sleep-in days. Actually, it's only an hour difference in start time - 8 vs 9 AM. The problem for us this week is that Daylight Savings starts on Sunday morning so we lose an extra hour of sleep Saturday night. We will be impacted by the change this year since we came over from Arizona where they don't participate in Daylight Savings - at least in the Phoenix area. Anyway, have a great day everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment